29 Things I’ve Learnt in 29 Years
It’s almost half past midnight and I’ve just entered my 29th birthday and begun my 30th year of life in human form. Oh my GOD – I’m in the final year of my twenties… how did that even happen?!?
Anyway, I’ve been thinking deeply – particularly over the last few nights – about all the years I’ve spent on this earth and everything that has been contained within them: the joy; the sadness; the sheer utter pain; the tears; the frustrations; the celebrations; the commiserations; the endings and the brand new beginnings. And it is only when you look back that you can truly see just how far you have come. It is so incredibly humbling and I am feeling so blessed, seeing just how much throughout my human experience that there has been and there is to be grateful for.
Today I share with you 29 things I have learnt over the course of the past 29 years of my life… I hope they come in useful to you, too. Enjoy!
1. Childhood is so extremely precious. Handle with care.
2. Family isn’t always those related by blood, despite what you’re told.
3. You need to find your path to God in your own way and in your own time.
4. Question everything. Don’t just blindly accept everything you are told to believe.
5. When something doesn’t feel right, that uneasy feeling in your gut will tell you everything you need to know. Your 6th sense is there for a reason.
6. Education may be important but real life experience is absolutely essential.
7. Don’t be afraid to speak out. Truth is truth, even if you stand in that truth alone.
8. Expectation is the root of all disappointment. Don’t expect things from anyone or anything. Just be.
9. You must break the rules to truly come to know why they were there in the first place.
10. Some friendships you thought would last forever, simply don’t. But trust that life is happening exactly how it should be and everyone comes into and leaves your life at the perfect time.
11. Love is love – regardless of anything else.
12. Don’t lose the things that brought you joy as a child. You’d be surprised at just how much joy they still bring you in adulthood.
13. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCE.
14. Death is not to be feared. It is only when you lose the fear of death that you can begin to live life completely.
15. Never feel obligated to give yourself to situations or people filled with negative energies – regardless of who they are. You must protect your energy; your energy affects everything.
16. God is the only constant in life.
17. You cannot fix people who do not want to be fixed. Actually scrap that – you can’t fix anyone! You can only work on yourself.
18. Miracles happen every single day. Believe.
19. The business world is full of pretentious, uptight, self-obsessed people. Don’t let their arrogance affect your professionalism.
20. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
21. If you don’t understand someone’s way of living, their actions, words or choices – do not judge them. At least try to understand because the truth is, everyone is suffering in one way or another. We were not made to judge. We are beings of Love.
22. Whatever the mind can conceive, it can achieve. Absolute TRUTH.
23. In order to move forwards, you must forgive and let go of the past and the people in it.
24. Your outer life is a product of your inner mind. Watch your thoughts carefully.
25. PARENTHOOD IS BLOODY HARD!!!
26. Gratitude is the key to happiness and inner peace – and you can access gratitude at any time. There is always something to be grateful for.
27. Home is everywhere – and nowhere.
28. Everything is unfolding exactly how it should be. It’s all a divine orchestration – trust in it.
29. There is no time. Humans created that concept. All there ever is, is now.
Masha Allah. Excellent 29 thing you find out that is very true.
I’m very grateful for all the lessons learned. Thank you for reading! 🙂
Great things you have learned! Thank you for sharing! I look forward to reading more of your content.
Thank you so much Lauren! Vice versa x